AD

Importance Of Experience or Relieving letter

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Importance Of Experience or Relieving letter

Should Experience or Relieving Letter be Mandatory Document for Job Change? 3
        Yes (3) 100%
        Maybe (0) 0%
        No (0) 0%
      The intent of issuing the experience or reliving letter is almost the same. A reliving letter is issued to the employee when he is leaving the organization. In simple words, a reliving letter is the documented proof that a person has fulfilled his responsibilities in a certain company, at a certain position, during the specific time period.

However, the issue is that most of the employees while leaving the company don’t even think about getting their experience or reliving letter. They are in such a hurry to get their dues cleared and join another organization that they don’t even ponder over the consequences they might encounter due to the absence of experience letter.

In India, relieving letter holds great significance as it is issued to the employees who serve the notice period. If by any chance, an employee ignores the significance of reliving letter by fleeing the notice period then he/she has to face severe complications in finding other jobs. Where ever you go, every company asks you for the documented proof of the duration you spent in your previous company. Without that proof, no company should consider the Candidate.

If you are an HR Manager, small business owner or a recruiting manager then:

What is your take on this issue? Will you seriously consider hiring a person in your organization who eloped the notice period in his/her previous organization?
    • Interesting Post. I cant say anything about big and corporate companies.

I own a small company, we process orders for US clients. When an employee leaves the company after receiving the salary is really not good. They have to atleast inform us or serve a notice period. Leaving with out informing shows lack of professionalism. That is why I stopped hiring experience candidates who cant provide relieving or experience letter from the previous company.

Employees who leave without serving notice period is a loss for us. As my companies production relies on the team present on the day. When a employee leaves suddenly, we loose production.

I would be really Happy if all employees serve notice period as it will give employers like us 30 days time to recruit and train a new employee.

At the time of Joining Few Candidates would say I have lost my letter and show you payslip or appointment letter, that it self says they have not completed their notice period.
      Thanks,
      Shiv Kumar
      BPO Processors
    • bpoprocessors wrote:

Interesting Post. I cant say anything about big and corporate companies.

I own a small company, we process orders for US clients. When an employee leaves the company after receiving the salary is really not good. They have to atleast inform us or serve a notice period. Leaving with out informing shows lack of professionalism. That is why I stopped hiring experience candidates who cant provide relieving or experience letter from the previous company.

Employees who leave without serving notice period is a loss for us. As my companies production relies on the team present on the day. When a employee leaves suddenly, we loose production.

I would be really Happy if all employees serve notice period as it will give employers like us 30 days time to recruit and train a new employee.

At the time of Joining Few Candidates would say I have lost my letter and show you payslip or appointment letter, that it self says they have not completed their notice period.
      Thanks for posting your opinion in our Job Board Community Forum.